Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
At Maui College (Laulima Rm. 211)
Topic: The Popularity of Apple and the Impact on Users.
Whether breakfast television is reporting on the malware trojan, getting excited about working conditions in FoxConn or over heating iPads …. there is no doubt that there has been a flurry of recent media activity about and around Apple because Apple is no longer that funky little company out of Cupertino. Instead it is the largest corporation – by Market Cap – on the planet. So suddently people are taking notice. We can talk about that – but the question is – what does it mean to us – the users. What is the impact ?
- We are no longer a minority – what does that do to the fanboy image mentality ?
- Here come the ‘Virus’ panic – how to handle. Is it because of popularity ?
- Should you not buy an iPad because it ‘overheats’ ?
- Who DO you listen to for accurate information ?
- Where is Apple going with these products and the logic of Mountain Lion ?
Come along with your questions and lets explore how much is media hype and how much is real – and what can you and should you be doing about it.
As always we will save time for questions and answers – so bring them all and directions to our meeting can be found here.